Saturday, May 29, 2010

Picture Info and Week II

I've added several pictures to Facebook tracking my first week in Kenya. If I'm not already friends with you on Facebook or if you don't have one..here is the link to view the pictures:
Album III...COMING SOON...I hope! :)

These past few days haven't been as busy as last week. We went to Kibera again on Wednesday with an MK named Kenzie, who is a sophomore at Anderson University in Indiana; She's here visiting her family for the summer. That night we had a delicious meal with her family! Thursday and Friday were a little more relaxing days...we ran a few errands, went out to eat at a place we call "Marco Polo" with several of West Nairobi School (WNS) staff, and helped Michael move things from his old classroom to his new one for next year. Today, we celebrated Stella's baby, David's 1st birthday. (I put up a picture of David last week). Stella is a 21 year old single mother from Kibera who Lesley has become good friends with. She also works in the DIG garden in Kibera. We went all out by making cupcakes and buying party hats, gifts and a special trip to the Giraffe Center! I hadn't been there in 9 years! We had a great time and hopefully I'll get a video up soon that I'd like my brother Scott to especially see... :) (Lets just say I've become a little bit braver than the last time I was here!)
Heading to Masai Mara for Sunday through Tuesday! Hoping to see some African cats on the safari!! I love y'all and thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. hey abby! just catching up on what life is like for you in kenya these days....can't wait to hear more! praying that the Lord will use your time there in a mighty way!!

    love,
    ella

    p.s. those pictures of the kiddos at the day care are melting my heart...i want to go!!!

    ReplyDelete